Restaurant Manager Cafe Moer
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsCafé Moer
Restaurant Manager - Café Moer
Café Moer is looking for a new Restaurant Manager! Creativity, responsibility, guest interaction, managing and working with a fun and professional team, an open and professional kitchen, making guests happy with your team. The feeling of having your own restaurant and being part of an informal, sustainable and ambitious chain with four hotels, two restaurants and two coffee bars...sounds good? Read on!
Café Moer - Couverts: 120, of which 40 outdoors
At Café Moer we love easy, good and cozy. At any time of the day. We serve from early morning until late at night the most delicious vegetarian dishes and also 100% organic! Super eco friendly ;)
Relax on our couch with a cup of coffee or hang out at our bar with a special beer. Feel at home and do whatever you like. Our chef provides a plate full of goodies with regularly changing vegetarian options. So with us no standard menu. By the way, we prepare this delicious food with local, 100% organic and seasonal ingredients. We are open six days a week, from early till late. Oh, and we also organize regular drinks.
Tastes like more? ;-) https://www.conscioushotels.com/
Want to know more about our story? https://www.conscioushotels.com/nl/tijdlijn/
Who are we looking for?
We need a born leader with, of course, a great passion for the hospitality industry! Someone who is more than ready to take on a new challenge, and is strong in his or her shoes. We have big ambitions, so thinking out of the box is part of it! Are you the person who wants to pull out all the stops to make this wonderful restaurant a success and run like a well-oiled machine?
Besides guests coming to MOER for drinks, lunch or dinner, fun events are organized regularly. This way we can bring in even more guests and we are an attractive location for our hotel guests and the neighborhood. With your creativity and with the help of the marketing department, you'll make sure the place is full!
You are the glue between the head office and the floor, you make sure that all the numbers are right, your team is happy, the HACCP is in order, that every single guest leaves satisfied so that the review scores remain high.
In addition, you always take a critical look at all the figures; you see opportunities for savings and innovation.
As a manager you make sure that every employee is well trained, that everyone is well trained and fully involved in the company. In addition, in consultation with the People & Development department, you determine how many staff are needed and ensure adequate staffing. You recruit and select your own employees in cooperation with People & Development and you also take sufficient actions yourself to ensure that we reach new people. This position is an excellent opportunity to actively participate and grow the hotels to their full potential.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the execution quality of operations
- Scheduling, directing, motivating and coaching the assistant manager and wait staff (approximately 10/15 employees) and providing hours control
- Managing and coordinating all activities within Cafe MOER.
- Calculating and monitoring margins and explaining figures to the F&B Manager.
- Responsible for composing (bar-) menus and cost price calculations
- Minimizing waste
- Ensuring an adequate purchasing policy
- Ensuring correct stock management by means of monthly stock counting and control of purchase/sale of drinks.
- Monitoring/checking the applicable safety and hygiene regulations (HACCP).
- Participating in the execution; is himself coaching on the floor
- Ensuring efficient working methods and procedures and instructing employees accordingly
- Recognize training and development needs of your team and plan training
- Holding (performance, assessment) interviews
- Motivate and challenge the team to be creative and innovative and appreciate them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Handle complaints from guests on site
- Respond in collaboration with PR/communications department to guest reviews
- You will rotate in Duty Service schedule of the hotel
Job Requirements and Personal Qualities
- You have been around for a while, preferably with at least 2 years of experience in motivating, leading and coaching as Restaurant Manager
- You are a true team player and feel responsible for your team
- You are professional and have an eye for detail
- Being disciplined and confident sounds logical to you
- Organizational skills: you get your energy from a work environment where no two days are the same and you have to keep ten balls in the air at the same time
- Problem-solving thinking is good for you, as is your ability to delegate ;)
- You are passionate about anything even remotely related to F&B
- You have knowledge of sustainable products
- Innovative and creative: besides having good ideas and seeing opportunities, you also get energy out of working with them
- You come from a work environment where decisions are taken quickly and immediately translated into concrete plans
- You have strong commercial insight
- You connect quickly and easily with people, build relationships and have a good sense of humor
- You have knowledge of HACCP and food safety
- You speak at least good Dutch and English
- Preferably you live in or near Amsterdam
What we offer
- This position is classified in scale 8 of the CAO (Hotel and Catering Association), depending on knowledge/experience.
- A BHV and Social Hygiene training & diploma
- Working in a small & motivated team
- A monthly benefits budget, which you can spend as you choose such as gym memberships, bike rentals, home delivered meals and much more; the choice is yours!
- An open and informal company with legendary (yes really!) staff parties, Christmas parties and get-togethers
- Discover Conscious through the eyes of our guests: a night's sleep after your probation together with the love of your life! Or your mother, that's allowed too of course ;)
- Friends & family discount on the rooms and staff discount in the shops and our restaurants Café Moer & Bar Kantoor
How to become our new Restaurant Manager
Enthusiastic about this new challenge? Then apply by clicking the apply button below!
We will contact you soon! Do you still have questions? Please contact the People & Development Team at +316 11006677.