Head of Operations
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsHead Quarters
We are Conscious Group, we offer the most sustainable stay and a seamless guest experience in a fun atmosphere. We have 4 sustainable hotels, 2 organic vegetarian restaurants and 2 coffee bars in Amsterdam within Conscious Hotels, and together with Hotel V & The Lobby we have grown to a total of 7 hotels and 4 restaurants.
Conscious Group is seeking an experienced and strategic Head of Operations to lead the F&B and rooms outlets within a cluster of hotels. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Head of Operations will play a pivotal role in ensuring operational excellence, guest satisfaction, (financial) targets and the successful implementation of sustainability initiatives.
What does the role entail?
- Operational Excellence: Oversee the day-to-day operations of all F&B and rooms outlets, implement and ensure high standards of service, cleanliness, and efficiency in compliance with regulations. You will be collaborating with department managers to optimize workflows and enhance overall operational performance and ensure an operational structure that constantly analyse, evaluate, acts according the business control cycle.
- Team Leadership: Provide leadership and support to department managers, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment, set performance expectations and ensure teams are aligned with the company’s values and goals and set a culture which is positive and motivating according the company’s culture.
- Guest Satisfaction: Monitor guest feedback and implement strategies to enhance the overall guest experience and address and resolve guest concerns promptly and professionally.
- Sustainability Initiatives: Collaborate with sustainability teams to implement environmentally conscious practices within F&B and rooms operations and identify and implement initiatives that align with Conscious Hotels' commitment to sustainability.
- Financial Management: Work with department heads to manage budgets, control costs, and optimize revenue opportunities and collaborate with Finance to develop financial plans and forecasts. You are also responsible for achieving the financial targets of the cluster of hotels and you will be using data and analytics to monitor key performance indicators, identify trends, and make informed decisions to improve operations.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Facilities, and Procurement, to ensure operational alignment and consistency and participate in strategic planning and decision-making processes.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks to operations and develop strategies to mitigate them. This may involve contingency planning and creating resilience in the operational processes and yearly conduct the FLS audit.
- Reporting: Provide regular reports to the Director of Operations on operational performance, challenges, and opportunities and analyze data and provide insights to support continuous improvement.
Job requirements and personal qualities
Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Business, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
Proven experience in a senior operations role within the hospitality industry.
Strong leadership and team management skills.
Knowledge of sustainability practices and a commitment to conscious living.
Excellent communication and decision-making abilities.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a great team, we offer a suitable compensation based on your education level
An open and informal company with legendary (yes really!) staff parties, Christmas parties, get-togethers
Friends & family discount on rooms and staff discount in the shops and our restaurants
Discover Conscious through the eyes of our guests: a night of sleep after your probationary period together with the love of your life! Or your mother, of course
A monthly benefits budget with a total value of 300 euros per year (based on a full-time contract), which you can spend on your choice for gym membership, bike rental, food delivery at home and many more; the choice is all yours!
During work, your personal development and growth are paramount. That's why we provide an Insights program, consisting of a personal profile and Insights training. Curious already and want to know more about Insights? Click here!
Last, but definitely not least; have fun!
How to become our new Head of Operations!
Enthusiastic about this new challenge? Apply by clicking on the below Apply button!
We will get back to you soon! Still have questions? Please contact the People & Development Team at +316 11006677.