Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamFood & Beverage
Creativity, responsibility, an open and professional kitchen, making guests happy with your team. The feeling of having your own restaurants and being part of an informal, sustainable and ambitious chain with four hotels, two restaurants and two coffee bars… sounds good? Read on!
We are Conscious Hotels, we have four stylish eco-hotels in Amsterdam. That's not all, in the hotels you'll also find two organic restaurants and two coffee bars. We also host meetings, events and weddings. We want our guests to have a great time, so we're always thinking of fresh, creative ways to connect with them. We call that "Eco-Sexy. Big Smiles".
What you will do
- Ultimately responsible for the kitchens of Bar Kantoor and Cafe Moer (incl Sticky Fingers)
- Co-selecting new employees; training, educating and assembling a creative/quality team
- Directing the chefs of both locations
- Inspiring and coaching the kitchen teams
- Constantly looking for improvements that contribute to the guest experience, to efficiency in the kitchen and to the job satisfaction of your colleagues
- Drawing up work schedules, arranging proper staffing
- Ensuring execution quality for everything in the field of food & beverage together with the F&B Manager
- Menu engineering; responsible for menu changes and developing recipes and calculations
- Budget responsibility for purchasing and personnel costs related to the kitchens
- Supervising compliance with safety, health and safety regulations and HACCP working and presentation methods
- Supplier selection and price negotiations / contracts
- Part of the Large Management Team
Personal qualities and job requirements
- 4 years+ experience as a Head Chef in a large kitchen team;
- Flexible and stress resistant attitude;
- Organizational and communication strong, a true leader and can motivate and organize
- Team player;
- Digitally minded;
- You have experience with administrative/financial tasks;
- You like a challenge and you think in solutions
- Affinity with sustainability and specifically with organic and vegetarian/vegan food;
You speak English and Dutch fluently
Preferably you live in or near Amsterdam
What's in it for you
A good salary
A large and pleasant team
An open and informal company with legendary (yes really!) staff parties and get-togethers
Discover Conscious through the eyes of our guests: a night of sleep after your probation period together with the love of your life! Or your mother, that's also possible ;)
Friends & family discount on the rooms and staff discount in the shops and our restaurants Café Moer & Bar Kantoor
How to become our new Executive Chef?
Apply by clicking on the below Apply button!
If you have any questions you can always contact the People & Development Team: we are available Monday through Friday at +316 11006677 between 09:00 - 17:30.